The Sadr Release
Today, Feb 1st, the Sadr release will begin. There will be no downtime for this release. Here's what's included:
- SIP-293 - Deprecate Low Volume Synths - sAAVE, sLINK, sDOT, sADA, sMATIC, sUNI, sAVAX, sSOL
The following synths have been deprecated due to the low volume generated by these synths, alongside a drastic decrease in liquidity for the underlying assets from when these assets were initially listed. Synthetix Perps will soon support these markets and provide a much better experience for traders, with support for leverage, 5-10bps trading fees, and deep liquidity.
Users holding these spot synths can redeem these synths by following the directions below. Note - This release is still in progress, so synths can't be redeemed yet.
How to Redeem deprecated spot synths
- Visit https://etherscan.io/address/0xe533139Af961c9747356D947838c98451015e234#writeContract#F4 for L1 or https://optimistic.etherscan.io/address/0xA997BD647AEe62Ef03b41e6fBFAdaB43d8E57535#writeContract for L2 & connect your wallet
- You get the proxy (aka token) Address from https://github.com/Synthetixio/synthetix-docs/blob/master/content/addresses.md#mainnet for L1 (or https://github.com/Synthetixio/synthetix-docs/blob/master/content/addresses.md#mainnet-optimism-l2 for L2) In this example, sAAVE on L1 is 0xd2dF355C19471c8bd7D8A3aa27Ff4e26A21b4076
- Fill in the address for the token(s) you'd like to redeem - place a comma next to each (so 0xd2dF355C19471c8bd7D8A3aa27Ff4e26A21b4076, nextaddresshere)
- That's it. Once your transaction confirms, all of the deprecated spot synths will be redeemed for sUSD.
If you've got any comments or questions about the release, please join the conversation on Discord. This release is called Sadr, which like all releases, is named after a star (in order of visual magnitude).