It's almost time for the Synthetix community to nominate and elect new council members. Your participation as a community member and staker is crucial, as it directly influences Synthetix's direction. Positions in all councils - Spartan, Treasury, Ambassador, and Grants - are open for election beginning on Dec 17th. For more information about each council and its roles, please refer to the blog post below.
- Nominations Open: Dec 17th 23:59 UTC
- Voting Commences: Dec 21st 23:59 UTC
- Nominations & Voting Conclude: Jan 1st 23:59 UTC
Epoch Overview: The governance cycle is structured in 4-month epochs. Councillors will serve for the entire 4 month epoch upon election.
Election Mechanism: Nominations and voting for the councils are conducted entirely on-chain. Visit governance.synthetix.io to participate by nominating yourself, learning about the candidates, and voting.
Councils at a Glance:
- Spartan Council: Central to the protocol, this council votes on improvement proposals and parameter changes. They approve new features and direct the vision of the protocol.
- Treasury Council: Manages the Synthetix Treasury, funding various initiatives and managing stipends.
- Grants Council: Focuses on funding projects & tools that enhance the Synthetix ecosystem.
- Ambassador Council: Represents Synthetix in the wider Ethereum, Optimism, and DeFi governance communities, advocating for Synthetix & ecosystem interests in external governance.
Each council plays a pivotal role in our governance framework, driving the direction of Synthetix.
Council Rewards: Active council members are awarded a monthly stipend of 2,000 SNX. This reward is set by the Treasury Council and can be changed at any time.
Participate in the Process: We encourage every community member to get involved, whether by nominating yourself for a council position, voting for candidates, or directing questions to potential councilors on Discord. Your participation is crucial in shaping the future of Synthetix.
Spartan Council Panel: SNXweave will once again be hosting a LIVE panel to hear from the Spartan Council incumbents and candidates and discuss hard-hitting questions posed by the community. Tune in on December 21st at 10pm UTC to hear them talk about their vision for Synthetix and what they'll do as council members! RSVP by visiting the Synthetix Discord.
Any Questions? If you have any questions, join the conversation on Discord.